What is co-packing?
Co-packing, also known as contract packaging, is a service where a company hires a third-party provider to package their products. This can include anything from labeling and assembly to filling and shipping.
Why should I consider using a co-packing service?
There are several reasons why a company might choose to use a co-packing service. Some common reasons include:
- Lack of resources: If you don't have the facilities, equipment, or personnel to package your products in-house, a co-packing service can provide the necessary resources.
- Increased efficiency: Copackers specialize in packaging, which means they can often do it faster and more efficiently than your own team.
- Cost savings: Depending on your specific situation, using a co-packing service can be more cost-effective than doing it in-house.
- Expertise: Co-packers have experience with a variety of products and packaging methods, which means they can often provide valuable insight and advice on how to package your products.
What types of products can be co-packed?
Co-packing services can be used for a wide range of products, including food, beverages, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and more. At Burning River Foods Co. we specialize in soups, sauces, condiments, marinades, dips, and dressings for restaurants, retailers, and foodservice companies.
How do I choose a co-packing service?
When choosing a co-packing service, it's important to consider factors such as:
- Experience: Look for a copacker that has experience working with products similar to yours.
- Capacity: Make sure the copacker has the capacity to handle your volume of products.
- Quality: Check the copacker's quality control processes to ensure they meet your standards.
- Location: Consider the copacker's location and whether it's convenient for your supply chain.
- Price: Compare pricing from different copackers to ensure you're getting a fair price.
How much does co-packing cost?
The cost of co-packing varies depending on factors such as the complexity of the packaging, the volume of products, and the specific services required. It's important to get a detailed quote from the copacker before making a decision.
How do I get started with a co-packing service?
To get started with a co-packing service, you should first research and choose a provider that meets your needs. Then, work with them to develop a packaging plan that meets your requirements. This may include providing them with your products and packaging materials, as well as discussing any special requirements or considerations.