- 3 1/2 cups Erie Bone Broth Chicken Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup dry polenta
- 1/2 lb bunch of asparagus stalks
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a large non-stick baking sheet, place salmon fillets, skin side down on sheet along with the asparagus stalks. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, onions and garlic. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixture on the asparagus and salmon. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 20 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
- While the salmon and asparagus are baking, bring 3 1/2 cups chicken bone broth to a boil in a saucepan. Gradually add polenta, stirring constantly with a whisk. Reduce heat to low; cook 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cover with lid.
- To serve, place 3/4 cup of polenta onto the plate. Place asparagus on top of the polenta and then layer salmon on top of the asparagus. Drizzle juices from baking pan over the dish.
Recipe inspired by: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/salmon-with-polenta
Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/maggiejane/3359690235