- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or more to taste
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, or more to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Erie Bone Broth Beef Broth
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg, beaten until frothy
- Melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add carrots and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until onion is translucent and carrots begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir peas, garlic, curry powder, garlic powder, turmeric, paprika, oregano, and cumin into the pot; cook until combined, about 2 minutes. Add extra coconut oil as needed. Stir in ground beef; cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and Erie Bone Broth Beef Broth, then stir until fully incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine drained cauliflower, butter, and cream cheese in a large bowl. Mash with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Spread beef mixture evenly in a large casserole dish. Cover with mashed cauliflower. Brush beaten egg lightly on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot, about 10 minutes. Turn on oven broiler; cook until top is browned in places, about 5 minutes.
Original Recipe by Lora via All Recipes