- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
- 1 pouch of Erie Bone Broth Chicken Broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- A loaf of your favorite crusty bread or biscuits
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the cubed chicken, and cook, until firmed and no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken meat and set aside.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and whisk in the thyme and parsley. Mix together the softened butter and flour in a small bowl to form a paste. Whisk this paste into the simmering soup, and cook 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the cooked chicken, mushroom pieces, peas and carrots, and cream. Return soup to a simmer, and cook a few minutes until hot. Ladle soup into serving bowls, and top with a beautiful crusty bread or biscuits to serve.
Original Recipe by Lisa via All Recipes